imported_stacy Guest

Default phoenix-California

We are driving with children ages 13, 10 and 7 from grand canyon to vegas to san diego to LA to san Franscisco over a two week period this summer. We need any and all advice on how to make this a great trip that doesn't feel like all we're doing is driving. Any advice is welcome, thank you!!

imported_Bob Guest

Default GC to Las Vegas

My favorite route from the Canyon to Las Vegas is not a direct one, but includes some of the most beautiful scenery in the west. Take SR64 from South Rim Village, to Desert View (East Rim) and out of the GC Park to US89 at Cameron. Go north to Alt US89, that through Marble Canyon and on to the North Rim. Then, AT LEAST, see Zion Natl Park (take US89 to Kanab and into the Park from the east. Exit toward St George and use I-15 to Las Vegas. IF YOU CAN (I recommend), also take in Bryce, Grand Staircase/Escalante, and Capitol Reef before getting back to US89 and I-15 on SR12 and SR24. You won't regret it -- & take plenty of film or the digital equivalent. Especially in early morning or early evening light, these places are magnificent and awe-inspiring. Bob