imported_Megan Guest

Default Moab Camping & Rafting

My friends and I will be travelling through Moab this summer on an RV Roadtrip, and I was hoping I could get a few recommendations from people.

Can anyone recommend a good campground for an RV?
    Also, we plan on doing a half-day of rafting while we are there. There are a lot of companies. Does anyone have any recommendations? Based on price, we're looking at Canyon Voyages, Adrift Adventures or NAVTec Exhibitions.

Finally, we plan on doing 2 hikes while we're there. A late afternoon and an early morning hike. Are there any areas, that we should definitely not miss?

Thanks so much for your help!

The KOA is a decent KOA...pretty typical as far as KOA campgrounds go. I enjoyed my stay there a few years back. We also did the 1/2 day trip with Adrift and had a lot of fun with them. The guides were knowledgeable and very personable, a fun group. I'd go with them again.

Don't miss "Hole in the Rock" and we also did a really fun dinner BBQ at a western "ranch" about 10 miles or so north of Moab. Great cowboy entertainment (gunfight before dining and singing/dancing during dinner), good food, etc. Sorry I don't remember the name.

Default Campgrounds

The KOA changed hands a few years back and to me it went down hill. It's also kind of far out of town. There are a lot of great campgrounds. There are only three that I know of that have a pool. One is the KOA, the other is in the middle of town and I've never stayed there. The last is called Slick Rock Campground and it's close to the Colorado River. We've stayed there many times. It's not one of the newer campgrounds but it has shade trees.

The hike to Delicate Arch is a "DO NOT MISS". In the late afternoon is the best because you have the sun setting on the arch and that makes for great pictures.

My other two favorite hikes are Park Avenue and Dark Angel hikes.

Utahtea