PJ Guest

Default Around the USA..plus Canada

I am currently living in Colorado and this summer I am driving the long way home to Connecticut

I would like to explore Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah...then Las Vegas...to San diego....then up the Cali coast through Oregon to Seattle, Washington then to Vancouver

Is it worth the trip up to Alaska? Vancouver to Anchorage to Fairbanks back?

After Vancouver I would like to take the Canadian route all the way to Nova Scotia and then down to Connecticut

My plan is to camp along the way

I have a lot of tar to cover...and a lot of time on my hands....I plan on camping...does anyone have any suggestions on camping...places of interest...places to miss...unsafe, safe places...

Hope to hear from you all soon!

PJ

Default If you have the time...

Colorado: Rocky Mountain National Park*, Pikes Peak*, Independence Pass, Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park*, Colordo National Monument*, Hwy 550 the Million Dollar Highway, Mesa Verde National Monument*.

New Mexico: Chaco Culture National Historic Park (has campground but we didn't stay there), Carlsbad Caverns.

Arizona: Petrified Forest, Painted Desert, Canyon de Chelly National Monument* (which has a really nice free campground!) Monument Valley Tribal Park*, Navajo National Monument*, Grand Canyon National Park*.

Utah: Glen Canyon National Park* (Lake Powell) near Page, AZ, Zion National Park*, Bryce National Park*, Scenic Hwy 12 to Torrey, Utah. Capitol Reef National Park*, Moab, Utah, Arches National Park*, Canyonlands, Island In the Sky District*, Canyonlands, Needles District*.

Alaska is worth it if you have the time. It's been 11 years since we drove the Alaska Highway and I've been wanting to do it again ever since!

Jasper National Park*, Banff National Park*, Yoho National Park* in Canada are really beautiful. Plenty of campgrounds to choose from. You might want to dip down into Glacier-Waterton National Parks* before heading east.

* means we have camped at these places.

Utahtea