Default One man's journey across the country WITHOUT money!

Mike McIntyre came to me for snowchains for his vehicle, and, on discovering my "mission" of helping others on the highways he presented me with a copy of his book --

"The Kindness of Strangers" [ penniless across America ]

which he signed "from one Highwayman to another" :)

His book is a GREAT read and a testament to the diversity and goodness of MOST people he encountered on his quest.

paperback -- Berkley Press -- New York

I highly reccommend it for "back roads" travelers.

the San Diego Highwayman

Default Thanks for the suggestion

Thanks for the suggestion, I looked at the book and we will feature it on the home page of this site next week.

Mark

Chelsey Guest

I picked up the book The Kindness of Strangers, by Mike McIntyre, about a month ago. I found this book in the corner of a used book store and thought it would work well as an outlet during the stress of finishing my undergrad thesis. I didn't want anything heavy or scientific, and this book just seemed to fall from the shelves. Four days after completing my final semester in undergrad, I have just finally finished the book. I'm not quite sure how I'm feeling about it yet, but I was effected enough that I immediately came on line in search of someone to talk to about it. I don't know, maybe I'm insane, or just going through the post college freak out, but if there's anyone that has something to say, I'd like to hear it.