Thread: "PAYBACK"

Default "PAYBACK" "Pay it Forward" Call it what you like!

Christmas morning, 1996, my birthday, I was on I-8 near Japutal on my up the mountain in my SAR rig pulling my heavy work trailer, when, suddenly there was a LOUD banging-grinding and I dramatically lost power -- [ I initally thought my engine had blown ] As I moved to the right shoulder a hubcap came flying by like a frizbee on my left [ my first indication of BLOWOUT!]

As I came to a smoking-grinding halt I was envisioning the the difficult and time consuming job ahead of changing the tire [ takes 2 jacks due to the trailers weight and body style ] and accessing the spare [ stored under trailers rear body like a pickup ]

I first hiked up the road a piece to retrieve the flying hubcap, and then, as I walked back to the rig, I noticed a 70s model Chevy pickup had pulled up behind it.

Fella got out, introduced himself, helped me change blown tire, MUCH easier w his help! When I asked how much I owed for his assistance he LAUGHED!!

Turned out 9 YEARS previously, on the mountain, in a snowstorm, in his family car WITH his family, HE had been out of gas and I had stopped and given him some!

Default Very cool

Very cool story. Thanks for sharing. This has put a smile on my face!