imported_JM Guest

Default NY to GA with kids

We're planning a road trip with 4 kids (11,5,5,5) from Long Island NY to Atlanta GA for a quick family visit, we have 7 - 10 days. I want to stop at different places on the way there and back but can't decide how to break up the drive. Nashville sounded good but the map shows it's not on the way. I think DC is on the way or maybe Williamsburg VA. As you can see I'm all over the place. I promised the kids one amusment park and my husband needes a detailed itinerary before we go to be comfortable. Thanks in advance for any thoughts. JM

Default Ideas

Atlanta is not your typical road trip destination from New York, but I should be able to help you out.

Take the GWB to I-80 West. Stay on I-80 West (be careful when you pass 84/380...a little confusing) and hook up with I-81 South. 81 will bring you close to Allentown, PA where you'll find Dorney Park/Wildwater Kingdom. It's a great park with admission fees covering both the land rides and water park.

Get back on I-81 and take it all the way down to Knoxville, TN. From there, check a map. I don't have one in front of me right now and I'm too lazy to pull up another window.

Good luck and safe driving.

AB

Default Ideas

Atlanta is not your typical road trip destination from New York, but I should be able to help you out.

Take the GWB to I-80 West. Stay on I-80 West (be careful when you pass 84/380...a little confusing) and hook up with I-81 South. 81 will bring you close to Allentown, PA where you'll find Dorney Park/Wildwater Kingdom. It's a great park with admission fees covering both the land rides and water park.

Get back on I-81 and take it all the way down to Knoxville, TN. From there, check a map. I don't have one in front of me right now and I'm too lazy to pull up another window.

For a scenic change of pace, take the Blue Ridge Parkway which runs roughly parallel to I-81. It's a much slower road, but the natural setting beats trucks, farms, and power lines that you'll see on the interstates.

Good luck and safe driving.

AB