Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Road Trip Music

Lindsay Guest

Default Road Trip Music

My friends and I are making an "Ultimate Road Trip" mixed cd. What are some good driving songs that we should put on there. We listen to everything from Skynyrd, to Tupac, to Peter Paul and Mary, so we definately aren't picky! All suggestions welcome!! Thanks a bunch!

Lindsay Guest

Default Road Trip Music

My friends and I are making an "Ultimate Road Trip" mixed cd. What are some good driving songs that we should put on there. We listen to everything from Skynyrd, to Tupac, to Peter Paul and Mary, so we definately aren't picky! All suggestions welcome!! Thanks a bunch!

Default "Search"

Type "road music" into "Search" on this site and you'll come up with lots of suggestions.

Personally, driving just wouldn't be RIGHT (for me) without a healthy dose of the Chipmunks, Gilbert and Sullivan, bluegrass instrumentals, Cajun Zydeco and some assorted bagpipes. But that's just ME.

And of course, I usually travel alone...

Listen to NPR :) Prairie Home Companion is fun!

You're going to need a lot more than one CD if you want to make an ultimate roadtrip mix. Unless, of course, you plan to drive for only 80 minutes. :)

Default The Chipmunks...

Yegads, someone who listens to the Chipmunks, on purpose???

The rest of your play list would be A-OK with me

M.

imported_Bob Guest

Default well...

I threw that in there just for grins -- although what would the "Season" be without "Christmas, Christmas, Don't Be Late!" "ALVIN!"

I'm not sure pipes would be good ROAD music either -- but I DO listen to them sometimes when I'm NOT driving. The rest of it IS great road music though! :)

Default Soundtracks

I have two CD magazines for my CD changer. One that is constantly being changed. And one that is always loaded and ready to go with my favorite CDs for roadtrips when I'm alone. And only for when I'm alone because I sing at the top of my lungs and no one else could stand to ride with me under those conditions! LOL

Original cast recording of "Phantom of the Opera" (And I never get to the end without tears streaming down my cheeks. Wonder what the other drivers think I'm sobbing about.)
    Jesus Christ, Superstar
    Les Miserables
    Godspell
    Chicago (which just recently replaced Cabaret)

Default You can sing along?

Judy,

I am very impressed if you can sing along with the Phatom of the Opera! It is one of my favorite works of music -- but the song styles are very tough to emulate for most of us.

Lindsay Guest

We'll definately have more than just one cd along for the trip. The three of us probably have about over 500 cds all totaled together. We just wanted one cd with some good driving songs on it.

imported_Bob Guest

Default Meatloaf?

Somebody told me once that Meatloaf was great music for roadtripping -- I am not familiar with his music but you might check it out.