Harrison Yang Guest

Is there a website or book out there that describes general weather conditions, terraine and what big to expect, like ticks? Thanks

Default A couple hundred or so.

The short answer is Yes. This site has hundreds of listings for such web sites and personal recommendations for guide books. Have you looked through some our recommendations for <a href = "http://www.roadtripamerica.com/links/international.htm">International</a> Visitors? There is one book written by a Brit that attempts to answer some, if not all, of your concerns. <a href = "http://www.roadtripamerica.com/read/uk.htm">Drive USA</a> has a definite UK attitude -- but it might be helpful to you anyway.

imported_Bob Guest

Default No worries, mate!

Don't worry too much about bugs. They don't eat much...

(Except Florida, of course. They got mosquitos down there big as airplanes!) :)

Default Chiggers in the south

I would always take giant mosquitos over the flesh-slurping chiggers one finds in the moist warm places like Arkansas and the deep south.

Default Amen

Yeah, you can't see them coming...

One night in Arkansas in a not-so-first-class motel, I got to worrying about bed bugs and never did get ANY sleep. Didn't even see any -- it was just the mind working after making several jokes about them. I finally gave up and went on toward Oklahoma!

Default STOP SCARING THE GUY!

Harrison,

No chiggers are going to attack you when you sleep, no killer bees are going to surround your car, and the mosquitoes in Florida are not as big as airplanes. Mosquitoes don't grow that large except for the ones in Texas.

If you're going to be doing alot of driving in the Spring or Summer months, you'll likely have hundreds of bug carcasses on your windshield and grill by the end of any given day. So, if you do get bitten sometime during your trip, just think of it as them "owing you one."

As far as terrain goes, stay on paved roads and it will be level asphalt for 99.9% of your drive.

Good luck and safe driving.

AB

Default No FUN!

You are just NO FUN, Angus! :)

Hey, what's the last thing that goes through a bug's mind as he hits your windshield?

go ahead...

imported_Bob Guest

Default big drum roll....

His rear, of course.

Default I think you have too much time

Me thinks you have too much time on your hands.