imported_Brad Guest

Default Heroes Across America Oral History Adventure

This is an invitation for any and all road enthusiasts to come together for the road adventure of the lifetime.

Paydirt: Delta, Alaska to Washington DC

May 1 to May 29, 2004

End of the Al-Can Highway to the Opening Celebration of the National World War II Memorial

This is an adventure I have created as my way of doing something to thank the veterans of America for sacrificing so much for my freedom. I will be sharing an educational
    presentation on Alaska, the WWII Memorial, and the Veterans History Project (www.loc.gov/vets) in communities across the country along the way. My route to DC will be along the northern US=Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, South Dakota, Chicago, Philadelphia, and New Jersey as my point communities so far. Returning I will be touring the southern states-Florida, LA, Texas, New Mexico, California and the like.

This is an invitation for anyone to join the adventure by doing the trip from Delta to Dc, joining me for a certian leg of the journey, or from your home community for the Memorial opening.

Honor the veterans from your community or family by doing an oral history of their story with VHP and/or make the trip to DC.

HERE WE AND ALL WHO SHALL
    HEREAFTER LIVE IN FREEDOM
    WILL BE REMINDED THAT
    TO THESE MEN AND THEIR COMRADES
    WE OWE A DEBT TO BE PAID
    WITH GRATEFUL REMEMBERANCE
    OF THEIR SACRIFICE
    AND WITH THE HIGH RESOLVE
    THAT THE CAUSE
    FOR WHICH THEY DIED SHALL LIVE

Those men and women deserve it-they gave it all to earn it.

This sounds like a very cool trip. I'd love to hear more about and maybe join you for part of the trip starting in Washington state. Could you share more specifics or a website to read more at? Judy