kday Guest

Default road trip from east to colorado

me and my friend are leaving PA and heading to CO in a couple weeks. we dont' have a lot of money to get out there b/c we plan on finding jobs and a place to live immediately, but we want to take a scenic drive..any suggestions?

kday Guest

Default road trip from east to colorado

me and my friend are leaving PA and heading to CO in a couple weeks. we dont' have a lot of money to get out there b/c we plan on finding jobs and a place to live immediately, but we want to take a scenic drive..any suggestions?

Sweens Guest

Default Best route across farmland

Last year we drove on I-80. Honestly, IMHO there was not a whole lot that was "scenic" from the standpoint of oohing and aaahing at big mountains or other scenic wonders, UNTIL you get to CO. Having said that, we are from New England and really enjoyed the wide-open vistas of Iowa and Nebraska. Crossing the Mighty Mississippi is a thrill anywhere, and all the farmland is really a sight to see. I-80 in NE follows the Platte River, which was low last year due to drought conditions, but may have improved some since then. It is a beautiful river, and I understand the trout beckon if you do any fishing.

I don't know where you're going in CO, but goind down I-76 into Denver sure is a sight, the way the Rockies suddenly rise up off the plains... it quickly becomes a different world. Colorado is magnificent.

Many many years ago (when I was little), we took I-70 eastbound through Kansas and Missouri. Same thing: flat! So I guess my point is, I'm not sure which route will be more scenic, the cornfields of IA and NE, or the cornfields of MO and KS.

But Colorado...!