Haj Guest

Default Places along the way from Chicago to South Dakota

Hello, I am planning a road trip to Rapid City,
    South Dakota from Chicago, Illinois in October.
    I was wondering if anyone can recommend places
    to stop and site see along the way. I will
    have about 5 days of travel.

Thanks
    Haj

Default lots to see

In northwestern Illinois, you will find miles and miles of farm land. You will find it to be in sharp contrast to Iowa, where there's little more than miles and miles of farm land. Your trip will really pick up when you reach the South Dakota border, because once you pass through Sioux Falls, there is plenty of farm land for you to see from the highway.

The good news is that once you reach the Badlands and the Black Hills, you'll find yourself in one of the most beautiful and spiritual places in the country.

Good luck and safe driving,

AB

Chris Flynn Guest

Default How to get to Rapid City SD

&gt; Hello, I am planning a road trip to Rapid City, <BR>
    &gt; South Dakota from Chicago, Illinois in October. <BR>
    &gt; I was wondering if anyone can recommend places <BR>
    &gt; to stop and site see along the way. I will <BR>
    &gt; have about 5 days of travel.<BR>
    &gt; <BR>
    &gt; Thanks Haj <BR>
    <BR>

If you want to know what the mileage is and how many hour it will take. It is 909 miles from Chicago IL to Rapid City SD. The best way to go is I-90 West all the way. In Madison I-39/I-90/I-94 will join together and I-39 will leave until South of Portage,WI. Then it's I-90/I-94 the rest of the way to junction at Tomah WI. You will want to take I-90 West all the way to Rapid City,SD. I will recommend stopping at the Minnesota Welcome Center after crossing the Minnesota River into Minnesota because it's very cool.
    I hope you like what I suggested and have a wonderful trip. Please while your in Rapid City Please see Mount Rushmore and Custer State Park.
    Again I hope you like my suggestion and have a great trip.
    Chris Flynn
    CJF07@aol.com

Default The Badlands are Beautiful!

The badlands in South Dakota are absolutely beautiful! You can see for miles on the high cliffs. And you can also see the many layers of rock and different colered rocks, minerals, plants(including cactuses), and wonderful wildlife. I would also recommend seeing Mount Rushmore and Wall Drug in Wall, SD. The Corn Palace is also something not to miss, the murals are all made out of corn and they change them every year(costing $750,000 annualy to maintain). Enjoy your next trip!

5. Default Porter Sculpture Park

I know this is a few years late for the post but if you ever go again or for anyone else reading this post... porter's sculpture park is kind of a unique stop along the way between Sioux Falls and Mitchell .. exit374 off of i90.
    $6 dollars for adults.