Chris Flynn Guest

Default Road Trip to Huron South Dakota

I am planning a road trip to Huron South Dakota. Which way is the shorest to Huron South Dakota and which way is the fastest to Huron South Dakota. Is there any where to stop for dinner on the way there and to see?
    Please e-mail me and let me know.
    Thanks,
    Chris Flynn

Default And you are starting where?

Chris,

A road trip often has a starting location -- we know your ending destination to be Huron -- Where are you starting from?

Chris Flynn Guest

Default RE: Road Trip to Huron South Dakota.

I am starting from Eagan Minnesota. Is there any fastest and shortest routes to Huron South Dakota.
    Thanks,
    Chris Flynn

Default No stops -- Easy in 6 hours

Chris,

As you probably know, this is about a six hour trip, covering about 293 miles. For driving directions of the fastest route, we suggest you use the Mappoint on-line mapping solution: http://mappoint.msn.com and click on Directions and enter Eagan to Huron. It is pretty much a straight shot, I took a quick look at the conditions -- there is no scheduled (major) road construction on any section of that route.

imported_Transplanted Midwesterner Guest

Default 2 options

There are two ways I'd recommend. Take US 212 from the Twin Cities to MN 23 at Granite Falls through Marshall and then US 14 through Brookings to Huron.
    You could also take US 169 towards Mankato, cut across on MN 99 at St. Peter to US 14 at New Ulm. That might be a little bit faster since 169 is an expressway (just watch for troopers.. anything over 75 will get you a ticket... trust me I know first hand (twice!).

So are you heading to the SD State Fair.. or is there another reason you're going to Huron?