Lyrana Guest

I was just wondering if anyone knew of an easy way to grab a shower while on the road. I plan on sleeping in my car but I'd like to stop somewhere to get cleaned up before I reach my destination. Can't be too stinky, right? So if anyone has a good idea, please let me know.

Lyrana

PS I'll be travelling down I-29, I-70 and I-24 if someone knows of a specific place.

Default Shower Views

Lyrana,

The word is not in yet as to the current culture in regards to signing up for the showers at the commercial truck stops, but for a wealth of opinions from experienced roadtrippers, enter "shower" into the search utility on the top of this forum page.

Default Showers

Flying J Truck Stops have showers you can pay for and maybe other truck stops do too. http://www.flyingj.com/highway/locations/us-map.html

Many Private Campgrounds will let you pay for showers. Many State parks have showers when you pay your camping fee.

I know where I - 70 is but I'm not familar with I- 29 and I-24.

Utahtea

imported_Jessica Guest

Default Showers on the road

If it's during the day, and you're with someone else...(I've only done this with a guy with me...)...some places have travel stops, like a flying J but not quite, like rest-stops, with showers. I've used them before and actually it was pretty great.

Just don't do anything if you don't feel safe enough to.

Lyrana Guest

Default Thanks

Thanks for your help. About the truckstops though...one of my co-workers says that they're reserved for truckers only, but I'm wondering if anyone has had luck getting into one while on a roadtrip. Someone also suggested to me that I should see if a hotel would rent me a room for only a few hours so I can have a quick nap and a shower. Has anyone tried that?

imported_Jessica Guest

I actually work at a Hotel and we would do that, but we would probably charge you half a day's stay.

If you can afford it, you might as well just stay overnight.

Default truck stop showers

I have seen some who allow others to use their showers and some who only allow truckers to do so. I haven't paid any attention to the chain so I'm not sure if the policy is set by the chain or by each, individual truck stop.

I would imagine that if you come across a truck stop that usually says "truckers only" on their showers, that they might let a non-trucker use them if, and only if, there are not any truckers waiting to use them.

GEORGE FRANKEL Guest

Default SHOWERS ON THE ROAD

LYRANA WE HAVE USED THE FOLLOWING 1. COMMUNITY SWIMMING POOLS SHOWERS. 2. COLLEGE LOCKER ROOMS. 3. EARLY IN THE A.M. WHEN HOUSE KEEPING IS GOING FROM ROOM TO ROOM CATCH THEM BEFORE THEY DO THE NEXT ROOM AND ASK TO PAY FOR A SHOWER $5.00 DOES IT. 4. CAMP GROUNDS ASK TO PAY FOR SHOWER ONLY, MANY PEOPLE ARE GOOD NATURED ABOUT THIS AND OFFER THE SHOWER FOR A NOMINAL AMOUNT $1.00 GOOD LUCK ON YOUR TRIP GEORGE AND GERT

9. Default Showing accross America and beyond!

Try youth hostels like hostel.com. They're even dirt cheap enough to stay over night.

Default Thanks.

Hi, and Welcome to the Great American Roadtrip Forum.

Thanks for jumping in with your first post to offer this information. However, this is a very old thread and the original poster has not been on the site for many years.

Still, it is another valuable addition to the data base.

Lifey