Jody Guest

Default Idaho to L.A.: Need Ideas!

After the Sportsmobile Rally (for 4WD RV-type vans) in Park City, I'll be heading to southern Idaho to see friends, then home to Los Angeles. I will have done the route from L.A. through Las Vegas, up to Salt Lake City/Park City, so I want my route home different-- and more scenic.

Is there an interesting southwesterly route toward California, then south to L.A. that would round out my trip? Or are there things in Utah I should hit on my way home that I wouldn't have seen on the way there?

I only have about 3 days to get back... and am in a 4WD RV I can camp in too.

Thanks!!

Default Like Hot Water?

When you leave Idaho -- you might consider some of the Oregon Outback in general and Summer Lake Hot Springs in particular, (http://www.roadtripamerica.com/places/hot.htm). Continuing south to Virginia City might be fun.

Tioga Pass is open into Yosemite.

When you went north -- did you stop in Zion, Bryce, Cedar Breaks (the camping around Cedar Breaks is pretty special) or the three National Parks along the Colorado River?

It is a tad warm now for Death Valley -- but if your van is really capable of a 4-wd road, there are some awesome places you can get to.

If you have never hiked/camped in the Great Basin NP -- perhaps you should head that direction