imported_MEL Guest

Default NY TO LAS VEGAS

PLAN ON DRIVING FROM NYC TO LAS VEGAS 4 DAYS EACH WAY AND 4 DAYS IN VEGAS. ANY PLACES TO SEE, STAY? ANYBODY EVER DO THIS ROUTE? ANY SUGGESTIONS GREATLY APRECIATED

2. Default

That's over six hundred miles per day for each of those four days. Not too bad for a couple of days, but four straight is pretty tough.

How many drivers in your group?

Not to kill the roadtrip idea, but have you at least checked airfare to Vegas from New York? Usually not very much if you fly a smaller airline. Check out National Airlines...they have a hub in Las Vegas.

Good luck and safe driving (or flying if that works out better)

AB

Default National Airlines can't fly passengers

Right now there are some incredible air fares. Less than $100 to Las Vegas from a variety of places.
    But don't bother with National Airlines -- they used to be based in Las Vegas, but bankruptcy and other problems prohibit the carrying of any human passengers for a while.

imported_MEL Guest

Default road trip

We don't fly, that is the reason for the road trip!

Default Doable, but not relaxing

OK, So you don't fly. As Angus mentioned above, you will have to put the hammer down each day to cover the distance in four days. It can be done in three, but you have to drive virtually around the clock. Assuming your only day-time stops are for fuel and food, you will still have to average 10 hours of driving each day (nearly impossible to sustain greater than an average speed of 60 mph per day).

The fastest route is going to be I-78 to I-70 to I-15, there is some construction work near Vail and so you might wish to drop south from Denver on I-25 and pick up I-40 to Kingman and then north to Las Vegas on US-93.

I have driven this route, (I-70) 30+ times in recent years. There are plenty of sidetrips possible -- just comes down to how many miles you can drive each day.

Four days in Las Vegas -- should be great. Plenty to do. Where are you planning to stay?

imported_brian Guest

Default fast and furious

A road trip means stopping to see the sights, spending a day or more in places to look deeper than brushing by them at 70 mph. You should fly, land at night and see the glorious lights.