seattle to where and back
My sister and I are planning an August road trip before she starts her "grown-up" job--I've wanted to do this for 10 years so i want it to be AMAZING! We'll start in Seattle, would love to hit Moab, maybe Crater Lake, some of the Oregon Coast...other than that i'm totally open to suggestions (and even those are flexible). We'll have at least 2 weeks and i want to maximize the cool. What should we do? I want to do a combination of camping, motels, and retreat centers...any tips on any of it would be great. i would love info on: hot springs, cool places to stay, great veggie restaurants (we're vegetarians)or co-ops, cool activities, etc...we love new age/counter culture hippy stuff so any tips on that would be awesome to. Namaste!
Mendocino, Fairmont, Eden's Garden, Eastern Outback
Starting in Seattle, you would have little difficulty in finding a new hot spring every night within 300 miles of home. But for a range of our favorite places here is a list in random order that would meet most of your stated objectives:
1. Best Veggie meal (in the universe -- Ravens at the Stanford Inn in Mendocino) (http://www.roadtripamerica.com/eats/ravens.htm).
2. The natural pools up the hill from the Fairmont Hot Springs Resort. Moonlight! (http://www.roadtripamerica.com/places/fairmont.htm)
3. Weise Hotsprings. Weise, Idaho. A nearly forgotten hot spot of luxury from the 1950's. Nice campground -- great pools. Friendly folks.
4. Little Eden -- a private natural hot pool overlooking the Sierras, ringed with ferns. Up the hill from the resort at Mono Hot Springs in California.
5. Summer Lake Hotsprings in the Eastern Outback (http://www.roadtripamerica.com/places/hot.htm)
6. Corkscrew Canyon -- near Moab. Hard to beat.
Go have an adventure!
ANDREA IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR HIPPY STUFF TRY " GLEN WEISER WOODSTOCK 69 AND HIPPY LINKS" HAVE A GOOD TRIP GEO.F.
if your doing the West Coast thing and into the Whole Boheimian vibe you should check out Santa Cruz, California. As far as I'm concerned there's no place Weirder or Cooler then Santa Cruz. If you have a chance check out some live music at The Catalyst or Moes Alley.
Have a great a great trip.