I'm headed to Key West this summer. Any thoughts on best stop and sees (along 95 I'm guessing)

Man I hate I95 between Boston and DC. DC is nice though. You should stop and see the Smithsonian museums while you are there as well as the capital building, Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, and war memorials and monuments.

Just south of DC about 30 minute drive is Mount Vernon, George Washington's estate. If you want to take a couple detours in VA you can head east to Colonial Williamsburg. That is a pretty good time. In Charlottesville is Monticello, Jefferson's estate.

As you head down the coast, there isn't a heck of a lot except for beaches in NC and tourist traps of various sorts.

Someone else might know some of the other sites along the route. I have always pretty much sailed right through NC, SC, GA, and northern FL. :)

Default Keys Road Trips

Savannah,

We plan to publish some of our favorite road trips in the Keys in the next month or so. But, in the meantime, check out Chris Elliott's site for some ideas: http://www.elliott.org/vault/destinations/2002/road.htm