Stupid english chick Guest

Default planning a year out..... don't know what im doing

ok... me and a friend are planning on spending a year in america working and travelling from state to state.... the problem is we don't really know what we're letting ourselves in for and how we even approach planning it!

So far we know about flights and thats about it.... can ne1 PLEASE give me some advice on accommodation and anything important we need to know before we go make a big mistake!?
    If you've come across ne useful websites i'd very much appreciate hearing about them!

Thanks xx

Default planning a year out on the road..... don't know what im doing

ok... me and a friend are planning on spending a year in america working and travelling from state to state.... the problem is we don't really know what we're letting ourselves in for and how we even approach planning it!

So far we know about flights and thats about it.... can ne1 PLEASE give me some advice on accommodation and anything important we need to know before we go make a big mistake!?
    If you've come across ne useful websites i'd very much appreciate hearing about them!

Thanks xx

Default Get Rid of ...

First thing -- I would drop the "stupid English chick" thing, the posters on this forum are expert roadtrippers and may not find it amusing.

Working and traveling as a foreign national is, generally, illegal in the United States. Tourist visas prohibit the practice, which isn't to say that you can't pick up some seasonal employment in place to place, but it shouldn't be relied upon.

There is a book about roadtripping in the USA written by a Brit for fellow English visitors. Get it and read it -- it enable your trip to be full-fledged and fun adventure -- for more information check out http://www.roadtripamerica.com/read/uk.htm

Default sorry!

Sorry if i offended anyone in anyway.... it wasn't intended!

Thanks for the advice though!

Default TRIP PLAN

ENGLISH CHICK : WHAT DO YOU SEE IN YOU MINDS EYE ? WHAT EXPERIANCE DO YOU WANT TO COME HOME WITH? GERT AND I WENT FROM UPSTATE N.Y TO SOUTHERN FLA. (JULY) WE TOOK 6 WEEKS. OUR GOAL WAS TO TRAVEL THE BACK ROADS AND STOP AT EVERY SWIMMING HOLE WE FOUND. WE SWAM MOSTLY WITH KIDS AS IT WAS THIER SUMMER VACATION. THE OTHER HALF OF THE GOAL FOR THIS TRIP WAS TO STOP AT EVERY FLEA MARKET AND 2ND HAND STORE ALONG THE WAY. WE GOT SOME GREAT REGIONAL TRINKETS WE COULD NEVER HAVE FOUND AT HOME. WE MET GREAT PEOPLE IN THIER HOME TOWNS WHO KNEW OF OTHER GREAT PLACES TO GO NEARBY. START WITH AN IDEA AND BUILD ON IT ALONG THE WAY. GOOD LUCK GEO. & GERT