Thread: What to Take???

imported_Jenny Guest

Well I know that I need the basics, clean underwear, deoderant, and a toothbrush... but what else should I expect to take on my Spring Break Roadtrip??? I have my car fully loaded at all times with a first aid kit and accident kit (thanks to mom!) But what should i take to keep my passangers and myself entertained for 400 miles a day??? Any suggested road tunes from the music fans out there?? or maybe those electonic travel games? Do you recommend bringing a cooler along??? Also for 6 days I plan on only spending 500 dollars, there are 3 or us going to split the hotel and gas costs... hotel for 5 nights--120/person gas 60/person food 180/person then some mad money... is this resonable.. what else should we expect to pay for?? Also VERY important... i'm only 19... will i even be able to rent a motel room????? if soo... how do i go about it?? when should I call to reserve a room??? we are going south from iowa to new orleans then gulfport then back up through st. louis and home, so we are going to hit some pretty big cities.. where we won't find many deals... this is my first road trip well... also my first vacation without my parents and i am worried about my abilities to survive and how reasonable this is going to be for 3 college girls to accomplish!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

Excited and Anxious

GEORGE FRANKEL Guest

Default WHAT TO DO

YES BRING A SOFT COOLER WATER A MUST MAKING SANWICHES ALONG THE WAY WILL KEEP THE EATING OUT COST DOWN, AND KEEP YOU FROM SPENDING LONG MIDDAY WAITS IN RESTAURANTS. ALSO A BIG MEAL IN THE MIDDAY CAN MAKE YOU VERY SLEEPY NOT GOOD ON THE ROAD. DECIDE WHEN YOU WANT TO STOP FOR A MOTEL EARLY 3:00 PM YOU CAN GET CLEANED UP THEN EXPLORE THE LOCAL PLACES FOR DINNER AND SIGHTS TO SEE. OR LATE DO YOUR SIGHT SEEING ON THE WAY. WE TRAVEL BY MOTORCYCLE AND WE MAKE RESERVATIONS EARLY 1. WE START EARLY 2. WE WANT TO CLEAN UP THEN GO FOR A RIDE AROUND WHERE WE ARE. 3. WE USE A CELL PHONE TO CALL EVEN THE NEXT TOWN WE FOUND OUT THAT SOMETIMES THEY DO NOT WANT TO RENT A ROOM TO PEOPLE ON BIKES BUT ONCE THE RESERVATION IS MADE THEY ARE HARD PRESSED TO DENY US. 4. THERE IS NOTHING WORSE THAN JUST GOING A FEW EXTRA MILES ONLY TO FIND OUT THERE ARE NO MOTEL ROOMS AVAILABLE AND YOU WIND UP IN A DUMP FOR MORE MONEY. WE HAVE ALL DONE IT. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR TRIP DONT GET TALKED OUT OF IT. GEO.F.

3. Default

I suggest that you make motel reservations in the cities that you know you will be stopping in. You can get good deals over the internet (try orbitz.com or onetravel.com)

In most states, you need only be 18 years old to rent a room in a motel, but management generally has the right to refuse anyone a room. As long as you and your entourage don't look like you'll cause trouble, you really won't have a problem. Most motels in between the big cities depend on interstate commerce to stay afloat. They're not in the business of turning profits aside.

Good luck and safe driving.

ab