Brent Guest

Default Jasper and Banff Nation Park Help!!

Im about to head back to Oregon from CT and was thinking about going north from Glacier nat. park up to Banff and Jasper Nat. Parks because ive heard its probably one of the best places in the world to see...I was just wondering if anyone has been there before, is it worth it, and if i headed from Glacier up to Jasper, and then back down to Wash. how long it would take...plus any other help u could give...thanks!!

Default Simply put -- Yes

Brent,

Let's see -- you are driving from CT to Oregon and want to know if a side trip to Banff and Jasper is warranted? In my book, it always is. The "Going-to-the-Sun-Road" in Glacier N.P. is one of the most amazing (paved) mountain roads in North America. Driving up through the Candian Rockies is simply awe-inspiring. Lake Louise and the Athabasca Glacier certainly warrant some hikes.

It would be easy to spend 2-3 months in the region, but I doubt you have that much time. Let's say that your westward route from CT is probably on I-90. I would go north on US 93 past Flathead Lake enroute to Glacier. From that point on, it is unlikely that you could drive to both Jasper and Banff (& return to Washington) in less than 3 days. If you stop and hike and explore you need to allow at least 4-5 days.

But, if you have the time. By all means go fo it and then let us know what you found there!