We are two friends from Ireland coming to the U.S this June to do a road trip all around the continent for a couple of months. It seems that it will be cheaper to buy an old car than to rent, but could anyone tell us whether you have to have an address in the U.S to register the car at and to get insurance? Also any idea how much I might expect to pay for insurance for say 3 months? Thanks and happy travelling.