Thread: Buying an RV

Matt Davies Guest

Default UK guy Buying an RV

I intend to start a year long road trip in 2002. As such I intend to purchase an RV. However, being from the UK can anyone give me advise on what is required. I will probably try and purchase in California and sell somewhere along the east coast. What about insurance??? Tax??? etc

Any help or advice would be gratefully recieved.

Matt

Matt Davies Guest

Default UK guy Buying an RV

I intend to start a year long road trip in 2002. As such I intend to purchase an RV. However, being from the UK can anyone give me advise on what is required. I will probably try and purchase in California and sell somewhere along the east coast. What about insurance??? Tax??? etc

Any help or advice would be gratefully recieved.

Matt

Bob Scarborough Guest

Default RV purchase

The cost of RV purchase and registration varies greatly from state to state. Some, such as California, assess a tax based on the value of the unit. Others have a sales tax which can be substantial.There are several web sites that deal with this, and you would do well to use google to locate them. My state, Tennessee, has a low yearly registration fee that is not based on the value of the vehicle, so my motorhome costs the same to register each year as my car, less than $50 including the county tax. There are several states that have no sales tax, and RV America is a good site to start with to get input from experienced RVers.

Default Status unknown -- but an expert

Matt,

A few months ago had an e-mail correspondence with a man that specializes in helping visitors to the USA find, purchase and insure vehicles for road trips. I don't know if he is still doing it, but his site is: http://www.autotourusa.com/

If that is helpful to you, please write again and let us know.

Mark