Tammy Guest

Default Winter Roadtrip - Where to go?

We're considering a roadtrip over Christmas - Saturday to Sunday (nine days). We live in Minnesota and would like to go somewhere warm and fun for the kids (15 & 10). We are considering renting a motor home to bypass the hassle of jumping from hotel to hotel. Any idea's for destinations?

Tammy Guest

We're considering a roadtrip over Christmas - Saturday to Sunday (nine days). We live in Minnesota and would like to go somewhere warm(er) and fun for the kids (15 & 10). We are considering renting a motor home to bypass the hassle of jumping from hotel to hotel. Any idea's for destinations?

Tammy Guest

We're considering a roadtrip over Christmas - Saturday to Sunday (nine days). We live in Minnesota and would like to go somewhere warm(er) and fun for the kids (15 & 10). We are considering renting a motor home to bypass the hassle of jumping from hotel to hotel. Any idea's for destinations?

Claire Guest

Default Christmas roadtrip

&gt; We're considering a roadtrip over Christmas - <BR>
    &gt; Saturday to Sunday (nine days). We live in <BR>
    &gt; Minnesota and would like to go somewhere warm(er) <BR>
    &gt; and fun for the kids (15 & 10). We are <BR>
    &gt; considering renting a motor home to bypass the <BR>
    &gt; hassle of jumping from hotel to hotel. Any <BR>
    &gt; idea's for destinations? <BR>
    <BR>
    Hi Tammy
    DisneyWorld in FL is by far the best vacation you can take any time of the year. They have so much to see an ddo - EPCOT, DisneyWorld, MGM, and particularly at Christmas, they put on a really big show and the weather stays quite pleasant. Renting an RV sounds cool so you are not too limited as there are many things to do in the Orlando/Kissimmee area. Best to drive straight down south - I-55 would be your best bet - then head east from there. I am from New Orleans (I currently live in Vancouver, WA) so stop by for a shrimp poboy on your way through. The Mississippi Gulf Coast is also nice. As is Mobile, AL. And various parts of the Florida panhandle coastline (Panama City, Silver Springs, Tallahassee). You will not be disappointed. Hope that helps! Holiday vacations are awesome!!!
    Claire

Severin Guest

Default RE:Winter Roadtrip - Where to go?

I agree with the last response that Florida is a great place to go. However if you are looking to limit your time in the car from Minnesota I would recommend Texas. It is warm, plenty to keep you busy for a week+ and you can get there with little fuss (straight down I-35). I bet you could make it to dallas in 16 hours (I used to go to Minneapolis from Tulsa in 10-12 hours, about twice a year when I had family up there). Either trip would be very nice, I guess it depends on what you like to do, how much dashboard time you are willing to have etc.

Lynn Guest

Default Winter Roadtrip

I'm from Massachusetts. Driven thru every state except Nebraska. Just got home from the desert southwest. Beautiful, and so different from New England! (I'm not saying that NE isn't beatiful also). Arizona has lots to see. Unbelievable landscapes & sunsets! Biosphere 2 is educational and only a couple hour drive from Tombstone. Lake Havasu City, AZ is the location of London Bridge. Head north to the Grand Canyon and stop to visit Meteor Crater not far from Winslow Arizona. New Mexico is another one of my favorite "warm climate" states.

Severin Guest

Default winter road trip

Hey maybe it would be easier to advise on some really great spots if we knew a couple more details, like what kinds of things do your kids like? My 12 year old sister likes to do outdoor stuff so we go camping and do things like that, especially since I am a national park buff. When I was a kid though I was really interested in science and my favorite trip was to NASA. My other sister wants to go to the mall of America, so it may depend on what your family is into where you should go. Also depending on how much dashboard time you want to cram into 9 days and how much money you want to spend on entertainment (decide this after you have figured out how much you are going to spend on RV rental and gas). Also remember that an RV normally gets 10-15 miles per gallon so the farther you go the more you will spend. And that places like Florida charge more for campsites then places like new mexico (carlsbad is awesome). The better idea we have of what you need, the better idea's we can come up with.

8. Default I agree with Severin.

I think you will get better reponses when you list what you and your family like to do. I also have looked into renting an RV. But it is VERY expensive. It is cheaper to use motels IMHO. Also remember that when using an RV that someone has to cook, clean, make beds,etc. So if you want a relaxing time for all(read Mom here) you may want to just drive your car and enjoy yourselves. With at least two drivers and 9 days, you could go ANYWHERE in the USA. Just do it and have fun!!