Takes a Burning and keeps on rolling!
As many of you know, our mobile office and home is named the "Phoenix One" after the mystical bird that arises from the flames. So far, she has had two too-close-encounters with her own flames. In March, 1999 the wiring harness under the dash caught fire in Beverly Hills, California as a result of a screw that was unintentially inserted into the running light circuit. The complete wiring harness was rebuilt and installed by Craig Fellows from Paul's Auto Service in Pasadena, CA and we were able to return to the road for the RFTA book tour.
Paul's talents were pressed back into action on Tuesday, while in Canoga Park, when I inadvertently connected a positive lead to the negative terminal on a brand new 200 amp deep cell battery. This #2 wire lead was also connected to the two batteries under the hood and the resulting fire was exciting to behold, luckily, permanent damage was avoided and we should be on the road today. Over and out....