My girlfriend and I have decide to quit our jobs in London (UK) and 'live the dream' by doing a USA road trip!
Here's the route we have planned so far (3 months):
LA to Vegas: - Start in LA and drive a muscle car across to Vegas
Vegas to Banff: - Hire an RV and drive from Vegas all the way up to Banff (and check-in on all the national parks on the way)
Banff to Vancouver: - Drive west to Vancouver and see the Vancouver Island
Vancouver to Seattle/Portland: - We've heard good things about these places and the coast
Portland to SF - Down the coast to SF & Yosemite
SF to LA - Couldn't go without seeing the Big Sur
Here's a link to a (very rough) route:
- Is the route long enough/too long for 3 months?
- We're planning on staying in an RV for 3 months, then maybe staying in some hotels/airbnb's every now and then - does this sound sensible?
- How much should we plan before coming over? Do we just need to book flights/camper and go for it?
- What should we budget?
- Any recommendations on the route, what we should see, change etc.?
- Any tips, websites, blog posts please forward them our way!