Now in CA, plan on letting the RV be my residence

Default Gonna be a newbie

I'm retireing in 4 years wanna buy an RV to be my residence, wanna travel and see America's hidden treasures. So I need all the help as to how sane an idea this is and where do I start. what sites can help me pick the correct RV. and how hard will it be to learn to drive. Should I plan on towing my covertible with me or buying motorcycles for travel when parked. I don't know what all I need to know or consider, so hoping someone can clue me in. Respectfully Dawayne Thomas,

p.s. hope this is propoer context for this forum, if not please direct me, thanks in advance for any assistance.

Now in CA, plan on letting the RV be my residence

Default Dont laugh at me - new to site

Where do I get the responses from my questions, in case i get answers, are they gonna go to my submitte e-mail or is there somewhere on this site I need to check.

Default Lots of resources here

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsmanlikeluv
    I'm retireing in 4 years wanna buy an RV to be my residence, wanna travel and see America's hidden treasures.
    Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum. There are hundreds of posts on this forum that address traveling in a RV, but the best source of ideas can be found in the RV Lifestyle monthly columns written by Alice Zyetz and Jaimie Hall. Here is an article about the different types of RVs and how to choose one to fit your parameters.
    and how hard will it be to learn to drive.
    If you have ever driven a pick-up, you can handle a RV -- even the big ones.

Mark

Default Not that silly a question

Where do I get the responses from my questions, in case i get answers, are they gonna go to my submitte e-mail or is there somewhere on this site I need to check.
    The answers are posted in an sequential manner just like this one and the ones above it.

Be sure to look at the bottom of each page for more information about your topic of interest.

Mark

Default Hello!

Welcome to the RoadTrip America forum!

So I need all the help as to how sane an idea this is and where do I start. what sites can help me pick the correct RV. and how hard will it be to learn to drive. Should I plan on towing my covertible with me or buying motorcycles for travel when parked.
    It sounds like a perfectly sane idea to me! Many of us here consider the open road our back (or front) yard, even those that don't travel in RVs. To be able to full-time is an enviable position to be in!

As for your dinghy vehicles (convertible or motorcycles), what would you be more comfortable driving on a daily basis when you're staying in an area for an extended period?