1. Default Phoenix, AZ to Redmond, WA, possible in 2 days?

Hi,

I'm making the move from Phoenix, AZ to Redmond, WA. I'm driving a U-haul that's towing a car behind it. I'm interested in getting to WA quickly, but as this is my first big road trip using a U-haul I am worried about the terrain/elevation. Mapquest suggests going straight through Utah making your way northwest (23 hours, 1555 miles), google maps suggests going through Las Vegas then Utah (27 hours, 1570 miles), AAA recommends going through Sacramento, CA (23 hours, 1520 miles). It seems going through California would be the best route. I'm just worried that it may be a bit more mountainous than the other two routes, and am also concerned about traffic in Cali. Any help/info would be really appreciated!

Default Legally it is impossible in two days

Quote Originally Posted by DanaMarie
    I'm making the move from Phoenix, AZ to Redmond, WA. I'm driving a U-haul that's towing a car behind it.
    Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! Wow, there are sure a lot of folks on the road right now as part of the annual summer migration!
    I'm interested in getting to WA quickly, but as this is my first big road trip using a U-haul I am worried about the terrain/elevation.
    Legally, the fastest your U-Haul truck is supposed to go is 55 mph. Functionally, even if you travel at speeds approaching 75 mph, it is still going to take you 27 to 29 hours of traveling time to cover that distance. Unless you are planning to drive non-stop (with no rest time or motel stays) you can not travel this distance in two days...

The most direct & fastest route, with the least amount of mountain passes is via Las Vegas north to I-94 and I-90. No matter what route you choose, please read these tips for Speed Runs and follow our advice!

Mark