Thread: Miami-NY

1. Default Miami-NY

Hey im taking my daughter on a trip from Miami to New York in a car... Shes with her mother and in camp most of the summer so were thinking about doing a winter road trip.... does anybody have good suggestions/tips or good ideas as to where to go? i need help planning.

Thanks!

2. Default Winter can be tricky

Hi

I have driven the NJ-FL about 30 times!! The closest to winter was the end of Nov/beginning of Dec. The winter can involve ice storms in the Carolinas and even GA. I 95 would probably be the safest in bad weather in my view. Do you plan on a scenic route down or just 95. I have done both. What are your interests and of course your daughters? I took my children to many of the National Parks/Sites on the eastern seaboard. I will admit every trip to FL ended in Walt Disney World. We are a Disney family. Have fun planning.

Any questions, please ask.

Diana

Default How long and how far?

Quote Originally Posted by VladD
    Hey im taking my daughter on a trip from Miami to New York in a car... Shes with her mother and in camp most of the summer so were thinking about doing a winter road trip
    Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! When is this trip being planned for? How long would you like to spend on it?

Since she has been at camp, she probably has some canoeing prowess that she show off with you. Would a four-hour guided tour of the Altamaha River in Georgia appeal? Here is an outfitter that we know of

The extreme silliness of South of Border is worth a stop and the Tailwinds Farm in Maryland is fun in any season if she likes riding horses.

Happy Planning!

Mark