Default North California Road trip

Hello all,

I am planning a relaxed road trip starting and finishing in SF during June next year. Actually this will be my honeymoon, and so we're looking for a mix of higher end accomodation and some cheaper places to stretch the budget!

We have planned for around 2 weeks (maybe a bit longer) and would like to cover Nappa, Mendocino, some time in the Redwoods forrest (either the Avenue of Giants or the Redwood NP).

I heard that south of SF is also great, down to Carmel and Big Sur, is it worth travelling south also? Can I reach Yosemite in the two weeks and cover off the other highlights within a sensible time frame and a round trip? Please let me know your tips on Accommodation or anything else you think we must see.

Thank you so much for your help.

Default Relaxed" -- Says it all"

Quote Originally Posted by True Brit
    I am planning a relaxed road trip starting and finishing in SF during June next year.
    Congratuations on the pending wedding and honeymoon! I think you would be wise to stick with your original plan -- honeymoons should be about quite walks along redwood shrouded paths, candlelit dinners on the beach and the occasional drive. There are lots of posts here about our favorite N. California getaways -- if you try and squeeze too much travel in, you will be on the road 8-11 hours every day for the entire time.

Mark

Thanks for the advice..
    Do you have any tips for car rental companies? What would be the aproximate price for 2 weeks hire?

For the coast...is North or South of SF better?

Thanks again,
    Simon