Default Newbie full time RVer

On the road since November, 2006, from Michigan in 41 ft fifth wheel. Currently in Portland, OR on way to Anchorage, Alaska for six weeks.

Anyone made a similar trip? Do I need more than one spare each for tow vehicle and RV? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Returning from Alaska in September, is there any "easy" way heading east over the Rockies?

I don't want to get stuck in any mountains. My rig is too heavy to pull on long or steep grades.

Default The Milepost

The Milepost is considered the definitive guide for driving to/from Alaska. I'm sure it will give a lot of good tips like you seek. I'm thinking that you might be best to find websites that cater to RV travel.
    RV Basics might be a good place to start. There are others. You might do a web search.
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 06-21-2006 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Add link for review of 2006 edition

Default Six 1/2 years behind the wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Rocinante
    On the road since November, 2006, from Michigan in 41 ft fifth wheel. Currently in Portland, OR on way to Anchorage, Alaska for six weeks
    Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum. I lived and worked in a RV for 6.5 years and two of the leading industry spokerspersons for the full-timing lifestyle are monthly columnists here on RTA. You might read some of Alice and Jaimie's columns for some tips.

Mark