1. Default NY to Grand Canyon and back crazy?

My dh and I are planning on going roundtrip, from NY to AZ in 12-14 days with our 6 children, ages 2-13. All of our elders are saying it'll be too hard and boring, (at times), but others think it's a great adventure. We've never RV'd and are very excited. We're planning on seeing the natural wonders of America in New Mexico, Arizona, maybe Utah. Do you think we have enough time? Unfortunately, we're pressed for time, I think that's all we can do. Unfortunately, we will be traveling in the middle of the summer (UGH!) Any suggestions?

Default Family RoadTrip!

Quote Originally Posted by momomany
    My dh and I are planning on going roundtrip, from NY to AZ in 12-14 days with our 6 children, ages 2-13.
    Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! What is a "dh"? (Designated husband, darned ham, designated hitter...)
    Do you think we have enough time? Unfortunately, we're pressed for time, I think that's all we can do.
    Family road trips are the best, but that is alot of miles to do in a hurry in a RV. It will take you a good solid 8.5 days in transit just to cover the distance back and forth and the pace may be a bit much for the eight of you. However, it can be done and part of doing such a trip can be an adventure in itself. There are two articles that you ought to read about choosing a rental RV and print this second article out and take it with you when you go to pick-up the rental RV!
    Unfortunately, we will be traveling in the middle of the summer (UGH!)
    Hey! that is prime time -- roads are open, weather is nice, what could be better?

Happy Planning!

Mark