1. Default Atlanta to St. Louis on the road

We are heading from Atlanta to St. Louis this weekend to take our child to camp in Rolla, MO. Anyone have suggestions about areas to stay between Nashville and St. Louis? I hear they have great State Parks in Missouri. Anyone have experience there?

Default We gotta go back!

Quote Originally Posted by decaturjulie
    We are heading from Atlanta to St. Louis this weekend to take our child to camp in Rolla, MO. Anyone have suggestions about areas to stay between Nashville and St. Louis? I hear they have great State Parks in Missouri.
    Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! I just took a a walk down "memory lane" by reading our log books and I have stayed at over a dozen different campgrounds in Missouri over the years, but never at one of the state parks which surprised me. My visits to St. Louis and the surrounding area were always work-related, which meant that I needed RV-hookups and Internet connections. My favorite semi-urban park near St. Louis would be Sundermeir in St. Charles because the owners are wonderfull, welcoming people, but I am guess you are tent campers?

The area around the Ozark National Scenic Riverways is gorgeous and I would recommend any of those parks without hesitation.

Mark