Default Time Taken From LA to Las Vegas

Hi All,

I am going to LA in early Sept from Australia. Does anyone know how long it will take to get from LA Airport to Las Vegas By Car?

I found a great wbsite that has satalite footage of the USA and is great for anyone planning a trip to the united state and travelling by car as you can plan your trip and find the best route. The link is below..

http://local.live.com/?v=2&rtp=pos.3...nevada%2089104

I was going to take Highway 15, is this the best way and what is there to see along the way?

I am so excited, we are only spendin a week there as we are going to a wedding in Vegas.

Thank you all and hope to get a reply

Tim

Default One of the best ways

Quote Originally Posted by Timindia
    I am going to LA in early Sept from Australia. Does anyone know how long it will take to get from LA Airport to Las Vegas By Car?
    Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! Depending upon the traffic and how many stops you make along the way, you can cover this distance in about 5.5 hours.
    I was going to take Highway 15, is this the best way and what is there to see along the way?
    Well I am writing a book that details much of what can be seen between LA and Las Vegas. This historic highway passes through the Mojave Desert and zips by several nudist colonies, a host of "lost" gold mines, the world's largest thermometer, the gateway to both Death Valley and the Mojave Nationa Preserve... How much time do you have for exploring?
    I am so excited, we are only spendin a week there as we are going to a wedding in Vegas.
    Las Vegas is a great place for weddings.

Mark
    Last edited by Midwest Michael; 04-27-2006 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Made the Baker Thermometer "Bigger"

Hi Mark,

Thankyou for your reply.
    I will be spending a couple of days travelling..

Do you think this is not enough??

Tim

Default Not sure I understand

Quote Originally Posted by Timindia
    I will be spending a couple of days travelling..
    Do you think this is not enough??
    Tim, I am not sure I understand -- were you planning on spending "a couple of days" to travel from LAX to Las Vegas? Or somewhere else or? As mentioned above, it takes about 1/2 a day to travel from the LA airport to Las Vegas. So, are you looking for ideas to do on the two days or?

Mark