Thread: Morro Bay

Default Morro Bay

Hi all,
    Me and my husband had been camping to Morro Bay State Park(around 200 miles south of bay area on Hwy 1). They have an awesome campground. We stayed close to beach, among Eucalyptus trees(smelled great at nights) near the Morro Rock. What more could we ask for?
    While there, we had visited Montana de Oro State Park- this park has some of the best ocean view in the central coast.
    Also, Ocean Dunes SVRA--where you could drive in to the beach--4 wd preferable, but 2wd drivable half way.
    Walked through the towns of Pismo Beach(their city hall faces the ocean!!) & San Louis Obispo. Coool...

The state park also features a cool Museum & for $2 you could see and learn so much.
    We also visited the Rock close-up and drove back home all way long on Hwy 1. It was cloudy and was raining a bit. But could not have asked for a better weather...

Love to be in CA :-)
    Cool

Québec, Montreal, Arizona, California, France

Default Brrr...

Thanks for the field report Cool,

I'm kind of jealous, being stuck here in the north for another couple of months:-). Weren't you cold sleeping outside by the Pacific Ocean at this time of the year or did you make that camping trip last summer?

Gen

Default It was!

Hi Gen,
    It was cold, but pretty much manageable with a good sleeping bag. The low went to 43 F. Weather had spared only that place from the rain.

Guess won't be as lucky next weekend! Raining all the way through :-(

Cool

Default Montana de Oro State Park

Quote Originally Posted by cool
    While there, we had visited Montana de Oro State Park- this park has some of the best ocean view in the central coast.
    Yep, and that little restaurant has some of the best clam chowder anywhere. That is really a nice place.
    Also, Ocean Dunes SVRA--where you could drive in to the beach--4 wd preferable, but 2wd drivable half way.
    Pismo is a pretty place -- and the dunes are a real hoot!
    We also visited the Rock close-up and drove back home all way long on Hwy 1.
    I have always loved how that immense rock can disappear so easily in the fog! Thanks for the great field report!

Mark

Default hmmm

Funny u mentioned about the fog. It was a clear day and the rock was very visible. But, once we got into the museum, we got to know abt the fog....
    Maybe in summer???

I could not imagine being so close to the rock and covered in fog...

Cool