1. Default New York to Miami drive

hi
    im a 23 year old australian backpacker in New York i just bought a car to drive to Miami. i have 1 month to travel a bit and wanted to know whether there were any fun places to visit on the way down. ive heard the drive is hell but the cities can be unreal. can anyone give me an idea of what to do or where to visit.

thanx

Default East Coast RoadTrip Ideas

Welcome to the RTA Forum.

You are right that the East Coast Corridor can be a challenge to drive, but if you try to avoid driving during peak times it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

There are a million things to do along the East Coast. Certainly, Washington, D.C. should be a must see, but if you give us a little more information about what things you are interested in, we can probably give you some more specific ideas.
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 03-31-2006 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Added a title

Default A Suggestion

If you have the time, take the Skyline Drive starting at Front Royal, VA & the Blue Ridge Parkway. Only 2 lane roads, but a beautiful drive.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by liammwilliams
    hi
    im a 23 year old australian backpacker in New York i just bought a car to drive to Miami. i have 1 month to travel a bit and wanted to know whether there were any fun places to visit on the way down. ive heard the drive is hell but the cities can be unreal. can anyone give me an idea of what to do or where to visit.

thanx
    G'day.

I'm about your age and from Australia as well. When you bought your car did you get insurance for it, and how did you go about that?