1. Default Across the Country (PA 2 CA)

This summer, me and a friend of mine (maybe more) are planning to drive from Chadds Ford, PA to Laguna Beach, CA. I'm calling AAA today to get the map and everything else they offer but I need to put together a good plan before we just take off. I want to take route 66. Does anyone know good directions to get to route 66 from Chadds Ford (19317), PA? Please give me any ideas and plans that you may have. I need all the help I can get.

Default There are all levels of plans

Quote Originally Posted by bennyboo
    This summer, me and a friend of mine (maybe more)
    Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! The first think I would suggest is that you take our RoadTrip Companion Compatibility Quiz and make sure all of you are up to the rigors of the journey! Also you might wish to use our fuel calcluator to estimate the costs of such a trip.
    ...are planning to drive from Chadds Ford, PA to Laguna Beach, CA. I'm calling AAA today to get the map and everything else they offer but I need to put together a good plan before we just take off.
    On such a journey, the inclusion of a detailed plan might get in the way of the adventure. Here are some tips about this process.
    I want to take route 66. Does anyone know good directions to get to route 66 from Chadds Ford (19317), PA? Please give me any ideas and plans that you may have. I need all the help I can get.
    Unless you really want to drive the whole length of Route 66 -- you could take US-50 (drive down to Virginia to pick it up) and drive the old two-lane highway over to St. Louis to pick up the Mother Road. This site is excellent for tips about what to see and do along US-66.

Happy Planning!

Mark