1. Default Los Angeles to Miami

Hi
    I’m starting my plans for 2019 trip from LA to Miami. I will have 2 weeks to this trip. Dates are not set, mid -end may, or june. Any advice. We love photography and we love hiking. Driving long distance doesn’t bother me.

Thanks

So is this a one-way or a round trip? If a one-way, you'll have time to stop and smell the roses, so-to-speak. What I think I'd do right now is grab a map and see what's along the basic direction route, that you'd love to see. Off-hand, I can think of any number of places for hiking and photography: Joshua Tree National Park, Saguaro National Park, Carlsbad Caverns National Park, Big Bend National Park, Guadalupe Mountains National Park -- all of those west of the Mississippi River. With 14 - 16 days you can't see every one of them, but you could pick and choose.

Donna

Default The resources on this site.

Nick, You should by now have purchased at least one road atlas. Check the southern routes and see what is along the way. Then you can research all those areas and attractions to see which suits you best, and choose your route accordingly.

We would love to get some feedback from your previous trips. There is a special forum for this. Recording your experiences - good and not so good - here helps others who come to the site, and gives those who have advised during the planning of your trip an idea as to whether their advice was relevant. Of course we also like to see some of the many photos you have by now taken.

You might find that going through the Roadtrip Field reports you will find much of what you are looking for, for this trip.

Lifey