Dear Forum members,
This is my first post, so please be gentle...
We are a family of four (parents, 9 and 15) and we planning a 3-3.5 weeks road trip in north-east USA.
I am at a very early stage of planning, but in general it looks like this:
1. Flying to Washington DC - spend about 3 days there.
2. Taking a car (or an RV - we have not decided yet) going up north through PA (Gettysburg, Amish country)
3. NY - Corning, the finger lakes, Ithaca, the Adirondacks
4. VT - Shelburne/Burlington, Stowe
5. NH - The White Mountains
6. Heading South to Boston, spending a few days there
7. Heading to NYC - probably through Plymouth, New Haven
8. Spending a few days in NYC (we have been to NYC many times so 3-4 days will probably do) - and back home.
To finalize I will really appreciate your help:
What are the best/scenic route we should take between locations?
Do you have recommendations for other must-sees? We like attractions (the kids love theme parks and thrill rides), nature and wild life, historic places and monuments and art.