Thread: Phone Sim

1. Default Phone Sim

Hi Everyone,

Since we have planned a rough itinerary and slowly booking things that we want to book in advance for our road trip commencing May 2017, I figure now is a good time to start researching on other necessities such as phone sim cards.

Can anyone suggest a sim or plan or however it works for us? We land in Boston on 24th April and fly out from LA on 8th June 2017.

Ideally we'd like it so we can use the internet when we want for research things ahead on the roadtrip (happy to use wifi where we can) and to make local calls if needed and probably some text messages in case we get split up. We don't really need to contact back to Aus - happy to use things like facebook to keep in touch with loved ones.

Can anyone suggest a sim to use? I've heard of Tmobile sims where I think you pay $100 for a month and everything is unlimited? The website doesn't seem to have a lot of info.

We will also be in Ireland for a week and a half prior to the US so it would be handy to have one sim that does it all, however if we need to get two separate thats how it will have to go.

Thanks in advance

Joplin MO

The only major GSM carriers here are AT&T and T-Mobile. T-Mobile should be cheaper, but AT&T has better coverage outside of the major cities and off the major highways. If you want AT&T, go to a company AT&T store when you get here and buy a "Go Phone" sim. This is a prepaid deal with different plans available.