Hey there, lovely Road Trip Enthusiasts!
I've got Sun - Thurs off next week and in a recent conversation with friends and after reading every possible BuzzFeed article on Solo Road Tripping, I've decided that I (a 20 something lady person) should embark on a solo road trip. I've done road trips before with friends, but never by myself. I have no specific destination to get to, I'm just looking for a new experience. Seeing as I don't have my heart set on any one amazing place to turn around at, I was hoping for the expertise of the all-knowing forum.
Some key points:
- I'm a speed tourist. Used to be a flight attendant, so I'm used to seeing whole cities in 5 hr layovers. :)
- The last road trip was from Minneapolis through South Dakota and the Black Hills to Mt Rushmore and Devil's Tower and back in 3 days. Not my fondest memories pushing that hard on the road, but my companion had a weak bladder and we stopped at pretty much every rest stop on the way. One before that was Vegas to the Grand Canyon and back in a day.
- I don't care which direction I drive in as long as along the way I can stop somewhere for pie.
- I just got my oil changed. I thank you for the concern. :)
- I'm just as happy stopping at kitschy places as I am huge, national monuments. I just want to see ALL THE THINGS!
- I've got a pretty good tolerance for driving until I need to stop for the night, but I really don't want to push it past 500-550 miles a day.
I have looked a bit at some of the messages on the forum, and I haven't really found any with an open agenda, so if this is something that is completely off the grid, please let me know. And if anyone has any suggestions for someone with a little trepidation about having to travel solo for a few days, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Safe travels, all! :)