I am trying to plan a solo road trip, leaving the NYC area around June 15. I'm 49, male, driving solo. Here is a broad itinerary:
1. Drive from NYC to Front Royal, VA
2. Drive the skyline Drive and Blue Ridge Parkway (a few days)
3. Drive to Mammoth Caves in Kentucky
4. Drive to Mount Rushmore
5. Drive through the Badlands to Minneapolis.
6. Drive north along Lake Superior, HWY-61
7. Either take the Trans-Canadian Highway back to NYC, or drive to Duluth and go throgh northern WI and MI, and pick up the Trans-Canadian Highway after that
I've never done a big road trip---is this too much? An alternative would be to shoot to Mount Rushmore over 3 days on the Interstate, and then do everything from #4-#7
Thanks for any help.