Guatemala City, Guatemala, Guatemala

Default Miami to Northampton Massachusetts in 9 days December

Hello guys, Im really new to this, can you please help me on this.

Im planning to do a roadtrip Miami to Northampton Massachusetts, from Dec. 27th to January 5th. I beleive its possible, but I dont have experience doing this.

Can some one help me, and give any advice where to stop, we are 15 people , Kids and adults, we wanto to skip Florida and focus more in the norht side of the country.

Please help me

Green County, Wisconsin

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

You certainly have the time for such a trip, but the size of your group does make the logistics tricky. Have you figured out what you are going to do for a vehicle to fit that many people? Unless you charter a bus, you will need anywhere from 2 large vans to 4 good sized cars to fit everyone.

What sorts of things are you hoping to see? What about the north is more interesting than Florida? If you are more interested in the north, it might make more sense just to start in New York or Boston.

Tucson, AZ

Default All Along the Way

With about ten days for a drive that could be done in three, you've got plenty of time to get off the main highway (I-95) and follow other routes northbound, a couple of which are described here. I will echo Michael's concerns about your choice of vehicle(s), but will also note that, on the plus side, having multiple vehicles and enough adults to serve as drivers and navigators, means that you don't all have to agree on what you want to see on a given day. You could go two or three separate ways and simply meet up each evening. On the minus side, however, is the fact that if you want to visit any of the larger historic cities (Washington, Philadelphia, etc.) on your way north, parking is going to become a serious and expensive problem. You can obviate this to some extent by planning to stay outside the city and use public transport (commuter trains, subways, busses) to visit downtown.

On a personal aside, I will note that Northampton holds a special place in my heart. My great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandparents were caught in the Pascommuck Massacre there in 1704, all four of their children were killed in front of them and g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-grandma was scalped and left to die on Pomeroy Mountain. I trust your experiences there will be better.