Hi, am leaving 3/26 from phl flying to vegas with husband and 2 teenage sons.
Here is our current itinerary. Arrive vegas. Drive to Valley of Fire. Spend couple hrs. drive to Springdale UT. Possibly arrive in time to see sunset in Zion (if not exhausted after 4 am wake up time). Wed 3/27 tour zion. Spend night in Springdale.
Thurs 3/28 drive to Bryce. Have reservation. This is where we are trying to decide whether to make a change. Not too excited about the 6 hr drive on Friday to the grand canyon, which may now be longer due to the rt 89 closure.
So am considering doing 2-3 hr drive thru of bryce and driving toward GC via Rt 89A.
Am looking for suggestions on where to stop between bryce and GC thursday night. Marble Canyon?
Have reservation in Yavapai Friday 3/30. Returning to Vegas with stop at hoover dam on sat. 3/31
Flying out of vegas Monday 4/1.
Appreciate any feedback to our plans. Thanks.