1. Default Fast trip, Chicago to Seattle Best Route w/ Bad Weather

Thanks for the help. Just looking for the fastest route from Chicago to Seattle with the weather being taken into consideration. Will be in a large moving truck. Concerned with the snow, ect. Any help would be great. Starting the travel tomorrow (2/24).

Joplin MO

I just looked at the weather forecasts, and unfortunately there IS no good way. You are going to have a difficult time just getting out of Chicago tomorrow.

Normally, the shortest route is the fastest, which would be I-90 all the way. However, that just looks nasty for the next few days. I-80 looks somewhat better, but you do NOT want to take that across Wyoming - either use I-29 or I-25 to go north to I-90.

3. Default

Thanks for the quick answer and suggestion. If there are any other users with other suggestions please reply. Thanks again in advance for the help!

Green County, Wisconsin

Actually, I have to disagree with GLC about the current storm forecasts. It looks like Chicago and I-80 are going to be hit with the brunt of the storm that's rolling in today, but things won't be as bad if you get north. We're only expecting 2-4 inches north of the WI-IL state line, and hardly anything is expected north of Madison.

I'd say the weather actually looks better across North Dakota than South Dakota, so I think I'd be leaning towards I-94 right now. However, it still looks like you're going to see some very strong winds no matter which way you go. That's going to make it very difficult to drive a moving van, and you will have to keep your speeds down. Typically this is a full 4 day drive, but I would expect that you'll need a 5th because of the current conditions.