1. Default Planning Trip- SC--> Vancouver by Way of Denver and then back down Pacific Coast

Hi guys,

I'm planning a trip for the fall. I'm driving from Charleston, SC, up through Chicago then to Denver and last to Vancouver, BC. I then plan on driving south from there along the Pacific Coast Highway, through Phoenix, central Texas, and the Gulf Coast. Anyone got any tips? Any cool things I should see or stay? I would appreciate any comments.

South of England.

Default BIG trip !

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

That's quite some trip you have planned ! Was there an specific questions you had in mind at this stage ? Trying to suggest places to see or stay, on a trip of this size, would be impossible, even if we knew what your interests were, how long you have, your tastes, budget, travel style and so on. For that reason I would suggest you use the RTA site as a resource for collecting ideas and suggestions and start making a list of things that appeal to you. You can use the search function to look around the forums and road trip planning info/ techniques in the tool bars above, as well as the Map centre where you can create routes and find attractions.

By the time you tag on detours, I would estimate that you are going to cover around 8000 miles
    and will need the best part of a Month to be able to explore along the way.

Once you have got some more dots on the map and filled us in with the details of your trip, we can help to fill in the blanks. Enjoy the planning !

3. Default Thanks, Dave!

You're definitely right, I guess my post was pretty vague. I'm in the very early stages of planning right now, but I'll come back with more info!