1. Default Article: Ten Tips for Choosing a Pet-Friendly Motel

Las Vegas, Nevada

Our experience is that most chains are welcoming four-legged guests these days. Our favorites would be La Quinta and Holiday Inn Express

3. Default

Great article! I travel with my cat. You would be surprised how many motels have allowed my cat to stay overnight. She adores riding in my car. Strange but true! She wears a harness and stays in her carrier until we are out on the highway with less traffic. Then we let her out and she looks out the back windows. Her favorite spot is the rear window.

Las Vegas, Nevada

Default She'd still be a lethal missle

Cats or dogs should be restrained when riding in motor vehicles for their protection and those of the human riders. If you have to stop suddenly because a deer or other animal jumps in front of you -- Your cat is going to be coming at neck level from the back window to the back of the drive or the passenger's head at ~ 70 mph -- It will certainly kill the cat and maim the person...

5. Default

Yes, but if you are driving for long periods of time, I think it's acceptable to let the cat walk around. My cat is wonderful in the car, too, and I let her loose. My cat likes to stay down, most of the time. I know that if I get into an accident, the results will be horrible, but I drive very carefully. Accidents are always dangerous. Each driver has to do what he/she feels is best for everyone, and I feel that it is best to make my cat as comfortable as possible, for her own health. I worked in a Cat Hospital for 2 years, and I love animals very very much. I understand and respect your argument, but I also think that it is a lot to expect, for felines especially, to stay in one spot during long road trips.

Melbourne, Australia

Default You can have it both.

Quote Originally Posted by hannypanny View Post
    Yes, but if you are driving for long periods of time, I think it's acceptable to let the cat walk around.
    You can restrain a cat without forcing it to stay in one spot on long trips. A family member who travels with her cat, has a harness with a lead, which attaches to the passenger-side seatbelt in the back. It allows the cat to get to the side window, up to the back window, on the seat and onto the floor (as it easily moves up and down the sash belt). But in the case of an accident, the lead is not long enough for the cat to hit the driver.

Pets can travel safely and in comfort.