1. Default Seattle to San Jose: February

My wife and I are driving down from Seattle to San Jose in mid-February. We have about 2.5 days for the trip - not a long time to traverse such a picturesque region.

We would appreciate any advice on route to follow, places to see and stay in.

Many thanks!

Las Vegas, Nevada

Default What kinds of places are you interested in seeing?

Quote Originally Posted by samir View Post
    My wife and I are driving down from Seattle to San Jose in mid-February. We have about 2.5 days for the trip - not a long time to traverse such a picturesque region.
    Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! That is true, but you still have some time to see beautiful places. By the most direct route (Interstate 5) it is about 840 miles which will require about fifteen hours of driving. Which would be about 6 hours per day over the 2.5 days -- If you go over to the coast in places, it will add an average of 3-4 hours per day. Is this still going to work? And if so, what kinds of places/events interest you?

3. Default

Thanks Mark! I think 10 hrs a day for driving along the coast (a treat in itself, no?) + 6 hrs of sleep leaves 8 hrs a day for sight-seeing... I don't know if that's sensible math. :) But we're open to everything. Lighthouses, forests, even some short hikes if that makes sense. Staying somewhere by the seaside on the way would be cool too.

Bay Area, CA

Default the weather?

Hey there!
    First thing to do is to check the weather. If it is going to be raining, like how it was for the last month, I doubtif you would see anything at all!
    But otherwise, OR coast is a treat to the eyes. Take 101 all the way! OR has so many lighthouses. If you have not been that side, I would recommend sea lion caves too! A short stop at Frontier ATV rides near Florence is inviting to the more adventurous!
    It is a detour. But if you have the time, Oregon Caves National Monument(Southern Oregon) is a worthy stop! Check

Else, you can take the rogue river jet boat ride just before you enter CA.
    Humbolt state park is a nature lover's dream. The drive in itself is awesome.
    If you are doing Humbolt, take a detour to do avenue of the giants.

Days are still short. So, I really doubt if you 10 hr sight seeing time will work out! The drive itself is beautiful, but can be a little difficult at nights.

Good luck & watch out!