View Poll Results: What taxes and surcharges have you paid on rental cars?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than 20%

7 36.84%
  • Greater than 25%

9 47.37%
  • Greater than 50%

3 15.79%
  • Greater than 75%

1 5.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. Default

Would also consider driving a car tat someone needs moved from Seattle-Tacoma area to Sanoma-San Jose area.

Default I'd be very careful.

Quote Originally Posted by acheter View Post
    Would also consider driving a car tat someone needs moved from Seattle-Tacoma area to Sanoma-San Jose area.
    That is something which can be very trickey to arrange privately. What with insurance and all. But there are companies who organise it.... or I should say, there were. The only one I think which still does it is Autodriveaway.com.

Back in 2001 and 2004, I relocated some two dozen cars for them covering some 45000 miles, going coast to coast twice and border to border several times, as well as shorter trips in between. Not only did they charge a refundable deposit, they also recorded your ID which of course had to be photo ID, and took your finger prints. Not sure if a private person has the pwer to insist in doing that. If the car was not delivered by 48 hours after the due time, all the information would be referred to the FBI.

If you do find someone, and do it privately, be sure to get an experienced attorney to write up the contract. On the other hand, by the time you arrange all that, you may as well spend the money on renting. It would be cheaper.