imported_Kevin Guest

We are planning a cross-country trip visiting such areas as New Orleans, Houston, San Antonio, Albuquerque, Carlsbad Caverns NP, Petrified Forest NP, Grand Canyon NP, Vegas, Zion NP, Bryce NP, Capitol Reef NP, Arches NP, Mesa Verde NP, Denver, Rocky Mountain NP, Grand Teton NP, Yellowstone NP, Mt Rushmore, Minneapolis, Chicago, & returning home to Virginia. A lot of the big attractions are planned but what we don't have are interesting small towns. Can anyone recommend interesting/fun/unique/unusual small towns near any of the above places or along the way that are worth exploring?

2. Default What interests you?

I'm not sure what you are looking for -- but here are some of my favorites:

Durango, CO

Georgetown, CO

Bisbee, AZ

Jerome, AZ

Prescott, AZ

Québec, Montreal, Arizona, California, France

Default Interesting small towns

Depending on what you're looking for, here are a few where I could feel kind of a special "vibe"... But of course, it can be different from one person to another...

Superior, AZ

Douglas, AZ

Columbus, NM

Santa Rosa, NM

Hurricane, UT

Bridgeport and its surroundings, NE

Torrington, WY

Post, TX

Leavenworth, KS
    Last edited by AZBuck; 05-06-2007 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Removed extra line feeds

4. Default Superior...

Gen, I don't know about those other towns, but that "vibe" you felt in Superior? I think that might have been an ORE CART in one of the mining tunnels! :) Bob

Québec, Montreal, Arizona, California, France

Default Ore Cart???

Bob,

Sorry, but I think I'll need a translation or an explanation on that one...what's an Ore Cart? I can guess what it is, but I just want to be sure...

Carolyn Worl Guest

Default i found

Hidden Landmarks from this site. Just choose what state you'll be going through and if you want, choose critiera and check out what it has to show. i kept a map near by while doing this so i could see if anythign of the hidden landmarks were near any of the places i had already planned going.

[Editor's Note: The creator of this progam is Chris Epting, a professional roadtripper and contributor to RTA. You can read his article about this innovative program here. And a little more about this program here.]

my mom is a HUGE "gone with the wind" fan and in Oatman, AZ there is a hotel were Clark Gable and Carole Lombard honeymooned. i would have never known!!

enjoy
    Last edited by AZBuck; 05-06-2007 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Repaired Links