Hybrid View

imported_Penny Guest

Default Where to go for first road trip!?

I'm looking for ideas for a road trip! 2 guys and 2 girls...both couples...grads from high school! i want to plan a trip somewhere…anywhere...pretty cheap, but fun for my friends! We are up for camping and were looking for swimming spots and possibly secluded camping sites! We live/start in Colorado and will go any direction...preferably somewhere warm! we can be gone for up to 10 days...so ya! we have reliable transportation and 4WD! one set back...we are all 18 or under...can we rent hotel rooms at this age? we will prob camp, but maybe once go to a hotel for a night so we can shower and what not! any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

imported_Laura Guest

Default I have never been to the Mid West but...

I would look at websites for campgrounds, like KOA and travel agencies and see what you find there. I think an 18 year old can make reservations... Other than that, I don't know what to say other than have fun!

Consider going to the Black Hills and Badlands National Park in western South Dakota. Lots of camping in the area, and PLENTY to see and do.

Good luck and safe driving. Be extra careful.

AB